I’m a writer, pro-life activist, and slow-but-steady hiker in New Hampshire. I’ve serve activists, policymakers, and nonprofit organizations with their communications and advocacy needs, and I’m an experienced legislative researcher and campaign staffer.
And then there’s my more important and blessedly private vocation: marriage and parenthood. My days as a Catholic school mom and minivan pilot are behind me. Whatever may be ahead, I’m enjoying the journey.
Something Pope Francis said early in his papacy captures why I do what I do: …Do I, a Catholic, watch from the balcony? You can’t watch from the balcony! Get involved! Give it your best.
And so I try. Welcome along!
You can subscribe to my occasional newsletter, with content that expands on the topics I write about in my blogs.
- Leaven for the Loaf: Since 2012, I’ve been writing at Leaven for the Loaf about the life issues in my home state of New Hampshire. Beyond the Granite State, I report events including the annual March for Life in Washington and the Pro-Life Women’s Conference.
- Granite State Walker: Join me at Granite State Walker, where I’ve been writing since 2006 about my favorite trails in southern New Hampshire.
Media & Speaking Engagements
On-air, online, and in person, I talk about pro-life policy, Catholic citizenship, New Hampshire civic engagement, and my experiences as a slow-but-steady Granite State hiker.
May I help you as a speaker for your event or show? Please email me at EllenKolbNH@gmail.com, or leave a message at (978) 743-6323. That’s a Google Voice number that goes to voicemail, so be sure to leave a return phone number or email address.
A Sampler of Events and Conferences
- “Concord 101,” in conjunction with Cornerstone Policy Research: a seminar launched in 2019 for churches and other venues throughout New Hampshire, offering practical tools for effective civic engagement
- Speaker at 40 Days for Life rallies in Manchester and Greenland, New Hampshire
- Offering the Best of Ourselves: Reflections of a Catholic Citizen in New Hampshire, a lecture at Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts, 2016
- Becoming an Effective Online Advocate for Life, a presentation at Bringing America Back to Life Conference, Nashua, NH, 2015